Welcome to my poetry blog !!

Welcome to my wor'l'd of English, Hindi and Punjabi poetry. All my works are registered and copyright protected. No part should not be reproduced in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world without the written consent.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Perfect Fitting Shoes

Today I opened the box
of shoes, you had brought.
The yellow shoes, those fitted my feet perfectly, unlike
the me in your life.
You measured my feet
and my love for shoes,
but for you?

Now you never will walk beside me
or hold my hand.
You grew out of that nascent love
and flimsy feelings.
My feet did not grow.

I could slip into those shoes
that you presented to me one day
for this lonely yet comfortable walk
through the by lanes of that
not so perfect past.

I look at my beautiful feet and smile,
what made you bring shoes
of all the things....

Copyright Mridual@writingdoll

Written in the June of 93,  The shoes...yellow slip on...I gave those away...almost new.  Some memories are crazy and funny but they are good ideas for poetry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment