Welcome to my poetry blog !!

Welcome to my wor'l'd of English, Hindi and Punjabi poetry. All my works are registered and copyright protected. No part should not be reproduced in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world without the written consent.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Its about Hormones

Its about Hormones 

Its a girls' fight
everyday, every night
All in the family
between girls. Grown up
and growing up
Big girl and not so big girls.

Weird changes in wonder years..

Mindless crush
adrenaline rush
aggression for no reason
surge in sentiment
hunger pangs
mood swings 

Lunch box untouched
pile of laundry on bed 
school bag stuffed with torn notes
secret diaries of silly posts
frequent bouts of self pity
occasional doubts about paternity.. ..

Blame it all on hormones.
Silly hormones..
those change when 
you are growing up
and when you pause growing

Hormones at fourteen
hormones after forty..

Those silly fights
are not about any thing..
Its about hormones
hers and hers and hers.


I am a full time mother and moonlighting into my other creative professions.. I like to spend a lot of my time with my daughters. Its been a roller coaster ride of all elements of fun and fear. I keep trying ways to understand them and help them because I had been a rebel, a fussy eater and very sensitive teenager myself..... all because of these silly HORMONES

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful line. You have written a beautiful poem for the daughters. I want to dedicate a few line from my poem: My dearest Ma

    How are you? I hope that you’re fine
    How’s papa and bhaiya?
    Don’t lie, ma, you never could: I know they’re angry
    Tell them that it’s fine; tell them that I’m alright
    I read your letter: I don’t know what to say
    You’re right, ma, it takes courage to forgive
    But no amount of courage could ever make me forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear.. !! I can understand, teen years are fun and tough too.. God bless you. Keep reading my blog. There will more stuff you can relate to.
    :)

    ReplyDelete